Home Care encompasses a wide range of health and social services available 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week. Services may include:
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Home Medical Equipment
- Personal Care
- Infusion and Respiratory Therapy
- Mobile Diagnostic
- Palliative Care
Who would benefit from home care?
You may benefit from Home Care services if you or a loved one are…
- recovering from a recent illness;
- terminally ill and want to die with dignity in the comfort of your own home;
- discharged from a hospital or nursing home but need additional care;
- in need of assistance to live independently at home.
Why choose Home Care?
Home Care may be your best choice because this option may…
- enable you or your loved one to stay at home;
- shorten, postpone, or prevent hospitalization or nursing home stay;
- be more economical;
- allow you or your loved one to remain independent as long as possible;
- enhance your quality of life at home.
Who provides Home Care?
Certified Home Health Agencies
Provide professional and paraprofessional services such as nursing, social work, occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy which meet federal Medicare requirements.
Private Duty Home Care Agencies
Provide health and personal care services which are desired and purchased by the individual directly or through private insurance premiums.
Home Medical Equipment Suppliers
Provide equipment and supplies such as beds, wheelchairs, oxygen, wound care, diabetic and ostomy.
Provides a team of professionals and volunteers who offer comprehensive physical, psychosocial and spiritual care for patients and their families at the end of life. Quality of life is enhanced by relief of pain and other uncomfortable symptoms
Provides x-ray, ultra sound, heart studies and laboratory services in the home.
Provides services and medication such as intravenous antibiotic therapy.
Palliative care provides specialized medical care that focuses on providing patients relief from pain and other symptoms of a serious illness, no matter the diagnosis or stage of disease. The aim is to improve the quality of life for both patients and their families.
Additional Information on the Medicare Home Health Benefit