What Is Home Care?
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Home Medical Equipment
- Personal Care
- Infusion and Respiratory Therapy
- Mobile Diagnostic
Who Would Benefit?
You may benefit from Home Care services if you or a loved one are:
- recovering from a recent illness;
- terminally ill and want to die with dignity in the comfort of your own home;
- discharged from a hospital or nursing home but need additional care;
- in need of assistance to live independently at home.
Why Choose Home Care?
Home Care may be your best choice because this option may:
- enable you or your loved one to stay at home;
- shorten postpone or prevent hospitalization or nursing home stay;
- be more economical;
- allow you or your loved one to remain independent as long as possible;
- enhance your quality of life at home.
Who Provides Home Care?
- Certified Home Heath Agencies–Provide professional and paraprofessional services such as nursing, social work, occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy which meet federal Medicare requirements.
- Private Duty Home Care Agencies–Provide health and personal care services which are desired and purchased by the individual directly or though private insurance premiums.
- Home Medical Equipment Suppliers —Provide equipment and supplies such as beds, wheelchairs, oxygen, wound care, diabetic and ostomy.
- Hospice Agencies —Provides a team of professionals and volunteers who offer comprehensive physical, psychosocial and spiritual care for patients and their families at the end of life. Quality of life is enhanced by relief of pain and other uncomfortable symptoms
- Mobile Diagnostic–Provides x-ray, ultra sound, heart studies and laboratory services in the home.
- Infusion Therapy–Provides services and medication such as intravenous antibiotic therapy.