Stop Medicare Fraud
Protect your health care benefits
- Don’t give your Medicare, Medicaid, or Social Security numbers to strangers.
- Remember that Medicare does not call or visit to sell you anything.
- Keep records of your doctor visits, tests, and procedures in your personal health care journal (PDF – 1.8 MB) or calendar.
- Save your Medicare Summary Notices and Part D Explanation of Benefits.
- Learn to protect yourself against identity theft.
- Read Medicare’s lists of Do’s and Don’ts to prevent fraud.