Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 3:00pm to Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 4:30pm Webinar/Teleconference
- Identify CMS’s areas of focus
- Understand the characteristics of hospice programs with problematic live discharges
- Explain what Hospice PEPPER Target Areas are and why they should be monitored
Part 1 of this two-part series will cover the five types of allowable hospice live discharges, the regulations, and how to proceed with each type. It will introduce the use of monitoring tools and reports for benchmarking and measuring compliance as a means of preventing unwanted scrutiny. Best practices will be addressed, such as working with frontline staff, especially regarding hospice eligibility. The characteristics of hospice programs with problematic discharges will also be included.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all leadership, including clinical management/supervisors, quality assurance staff, CFOs, medical directors, intake coordinators, RNs responsible for staff education, assessment team members, MSWs, and administrators.
- New and Improved PEPPER Format
- MedPAC 2020 CMS Recommendations on Live Discharges
- Hospice PEPPER User Guide Tenth Edition
- PEPPER Target Areas for Hospice
- Q4FY19 Hospice PEPPER Review
- Medicare Benefit Policy Manual – Chapter 9
- Links to valuable websites including:
- Hospice Medicare Billing Codes
- Hospice Live Discharges Audit Tool
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
DON’T MISS PART 2!
on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.