Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 3:00pm to Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 4:30pm Webinar/Teleconference
- Hospice philosophy and values
- Hospice eligibility, length of stay, and levels of care
- CMS Conditions of Participation: focus on patient care and core and noncore services
- Regulatory requirements: Hospice Item Set (HIS), Notice of Election and Termination Revocation (NOE/NOTR).
- What is not covered under the hospice benefit
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- The Medicare hospice benefit
- Hospice values competency grid (novice, proficient, expert)
- Difficult conversations: a tool to help new staff
- Questions about hospice care – a caregiver’s guide to selecting a hospice
- Hospice interdisciplinary team grid
- Links to resources: how hospice works, hospice CFRs, and hospice and respite care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all new staff in an onboarding program, education and staff developers, clinical managers and supervisors participating in a “blended” onboarding program, clinical staff requiring a refresher, and potential home healthcare and hospital administrators interested in starting a hospice program and learning the basics.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.