Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 11:30am to Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 1:00pm Webinar/Teleconference
This presentation will discuss the literature behind why ethical existential and/or spiritual care is important, methods of screening for and responding to spiritual distress, resources to help make it all easier, and clear boundaries to protect everyone involved in the process.
At the conclusion of this activity learners will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of including spiritual care in practice
- Develop comfortable methods of screening for spiritual distress
- Identify appropriate responses and referrals to spiritual distress
Presenter: Rev. Dr. Carla Cheatham began her career in social services with an MA in Psychology, certification in trauma counseling and experience working in counseling and treatment centers. She is now the Principal and Lead Trainer for Carla Cheatham Consulting Group, LLC and serves as a national keynote speaker and educator teaching in the areas of clinical presence and attunement, compassion fatigue and resilience, ethical spiritual and existential care, grief support, ethical boundaries and healthy teams, and more.
Carla is the Section Leader for the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization’s Spiritual Caregivers Section, a member of NHPCO’s Ethics Advisory Council, an Adjunct Professor at the Seminary of the Southwest, and Affiliate Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland where she is co-developing and teaching courses for their new Masters of Science in Palliative Care degree.
Registration Fee: Member rate is $150.00 - Non-members $300.00. Indicate if you will be calling into the live webinar or purchasing the audio recording (fee is the same). The live webinar includes the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters. If you desire to purchase both the live webinar and the audio recording, pay the registration fee and an additional $30.
Continuing Education: The presenters and program planners have no conflict of interest in regard to this webinar. RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire presentation in order for contact hours to be awarded. To apply for nursing contact hours, please mail an evaluation form and a $10 processing fee for each individual requesting hours. Additionally, send in a completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours.
Individuals requesting contact hours will receive a certificate of contact hours earned. Please make sure that you enter the Contact Person’s name in the Registration Form. All correspondence and site registration information will be sent to this person. No commercial support has been provided for this program.
Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) (OH -157, 4/1/2019).
- Faxed registrations will be accepted only with payment by a credit card (Visa or MasterCard). Credit card information must be complete and contain the authorized signature. Send completed forms to Michigan HomeCare & Hospice Association, 2140 University Park Drive, Suite 220, Okemos, MI 48864 or FAX 517/349-8090. Mail and/or faxed registrations represent your commitment to attend and cancellation policies will apply.
- Please note our cancellation policy: If you cancel your registration prior to five business days before the program, you will receive a refund less 25% for administrative costs. All cancellations must be made in writing. No refunds for cancellations or exchanges within five business days of the program. If due to unforeseen circumstances we must cancel this event, registrants will receive a full refund.
- Payments are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, payments may be deductible under other provisions of the IRS.
REGISTRATION FEE PER SITE/PHONE CONNECTION: Registration fees are for one (1) phone connection. For additional sites, please copy this registration form and send in with proper payment amount. Indicate if you will be calling into the live webinar or purchasing the audio recording (fee is the same). The live webinar includes the opportunity to ask questions of the presenter. Contact hours may be earned for listening to the audio recording up to 6 months following the live webinar. If you desire to purchase both the live webinar and the audio recording, pay the registration fee and an additional $30.