Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 8:00am to Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 4:00pm Workshop
Experience the comprehensive and nationally acclaimed two-day Blueprint for OASIS Accuracy workshop and learn to confidently teach, audit and collect OASIS-C2 items accurately. Through guided, expert instruction, and participation in problem-solving discussions and application scenarios, achieve mastery of the OASIS items, conventions, and the latest data collection rules.
Rather than provide opinions, assumptions, or unfounded interpretations, the “Blueprint” presenters will model reliance on CMS guidance documents and provide and demonstrate strategies for how to find defendable answers to your OASIS questions.
OBJECTIVES – DAY 1:
- Identify 4 key CMS applications for OASIS data;
- Describe the significance and relationship between a comprehensive patient assessment and OASIS data collection;
- Identify OASIS responses regarding Patient Tracking and Clinical Record items reflecting clinical assessment findings consistent with CMS guidance;
- Identify OASIS responses regarding Patient History and Diagnosis reflecting clinical assessment findings consistent with CMS guidance;
- Identify OASIS responses regarding Living Arrangements and Sensory Status reflecting clinical assessment findings consistent with CMS guidance;
- Identify OASIS responses regarding respiratory, cardiac, elimination and neuro/emotional/behavioral status reflecting clinical assessments findings consistent with CMS guidance;
Objectives – Day 2
- Identify OASIS responses regarding integument assessment reflecting clinical assessment findings consistent with CMS guidance;
- Identify OASIS responses regarding medication management reflecting clinical assessment findings consistent with CMS guidance;
- Identify 3 conventions regarding ADL/IADL;
- Identify OASIS responses regarding functional clinical assessment findings consistent with CMS guidance;
- Identify OASIS responses regarding emergent care utilization, planning care, evaluation of care planning interventions consistent with CMS guidance.
The Certificate for OASIS Specialist-Clinical (COS-C) Exam is a voluntary certificate examination for those interested in demonstrating and establishing their expertise and commitment to OASIS data accuracy. Administered the day following the Blueprint for OASIS Accuracy training, the scope of the COS-C exam is similar to the Blueprint workshop agenda, covering CMS guidelines related to OASIS time points, regulations, patient populations, and OASIS-C2 item specific scoring. Candidates who successfully pass the examination are awarded the COS-C designation.
The Michigan HomeCare & Hospice Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001091) (OH-290, 03/01/2019)
Criteria for Successful Completion:
In order to receive contact hours you must sign in at the beginning of class each day and sign out at the conclusion of the program each day. You must stay for the entire workshop and complete an evaluation form in order to receive your certificate. Late arrivals beyond 30 minutes after the published start time for this education training event will not be eligible to receive the contact certificate. No exceptions!
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty have declared no conflict of interest.
To register, complete the attached registration form and return it with payment to: Michigan HomeCare & Hospice Association (MHHA), 2140 University Park Drive, Suite 220, Okemos, MI 48864. Payment must accompany registration. To receive a refund, MHHA must be notified in writing of any cancellation 10 business days prior to the workshop date. A $40.00 administrative charge will be assessed to all cancellations. No refunds will be issued after March 19, 2017. This workshop is limited to 90 participants. Registrations will be taken on a first-come bases. Please advise MHHA in Writing of any substitutes in advance of the workshop.
Register Online at www.MHHA.org or make checks payable to: Michigan HomeCare & Hospice Association for the Workshop Only!
Received by 02/15/17 Received after 02/15/17
- MHHA Member $350 $370
- Additional MHHA Member $335 $345
- Non-Member $740 $760
Member At the door 03/29/2017(Space available)$390
Non-Member at the door 03/29/2017 (space available)$780
RN, BSN, CWCN, CCCN, COS-C
Bobi is a registered nurse practicing in home health since 1994. She has been a leader in both clinical and operational positions at the regional and national level with large corporate home health agencies. Bobi has extensive experience in OASIS, Coding, regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and outcome improvement. She currently provides content and management expertise to the CMS OASIS Q&A Mailbox Contract, and provides national training for the state OASIS Education Coordinators (OECs). She holds the Certificate for OASIS Specialist-Clinical (COS-C) designation and is a Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN) and a Certified Continence Care Nurse (CCCN). Bobi is a Senior Consultant with OASIS Answers, Inc.
RN, MS, hcs-d, COS-C
Annette is a registered nurse, with a Master’s in Health Care Administration, practicing since 1990, with the majority of her nursing experience in home health. For over a decade she worked with a CMS intermediary where she provided home health documentation review and education. She presents nationally on OASIS, PPS. Annette holds both the Certificate for OASIS Specialist-Clinical (COS-C) and the Home Care Coding Specialist-Diagnosis (HCS-D) certificate. She is an AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM Coding Instructor and a Senior Associate Consultant with OASIS Answers, Inc.