Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 2:00pm to Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 3:00pm Webinar/Teleconference
Top Ten Issues for Hospice Coding (April 7, 2016)
Description: Review top ten areas where Hospices have errors in coding
Identify correct coding for the top 10 diagnoses for hospice
- Discussion of end stage diagnoses: e.g. Cardiac, COPD, ESRD, Liver disease, cancer diagnoses
- Describe documentation requirements for the top 10 diagnoses
- Recognize correct coding of Test Your Knowledge case studies
What Hospice Medical Directors Need to know About Coding (April 21, 2016)
Description: Terminology and documentation needed by the Medical Directors & NPP to code effectively
- Identify common documentation issues that lead to poor coding
- Review of documentation on admission summary & physician narrative on CTI
- Identify three strategies to effectively educate professional staff on how to document for coding
- Discuss Test Your Knowledge cases to determine the level of specificity and laterality required for cancer & non-cancer diagnoses
Joan Usher, BS, RHIA, ACE, President, JLU Health Record Systems is a nationally recognized AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM trainer. Joan has a degree in Health Information Management and has been a home health consultant for over 28 years. She has educated more than 15,000 people in nationwide on coding. Joan is past president of the Massachusetts Health Information Management Association (MaHIMA) and has served three years as a delegate for American Health Information Management Assn (AHIMA). Usher is a Board of Director of Hospice & Palliative Care Federation of MA. Joan's webinars consistently earn outstanding reviews from participants.
April 1, 2016. A $30 late fee will be charged per person for each registration received after the deadline.
Payment must be made in advance of the program. Due to the expense of using the telephone/web hook-up, Webinar registrations may not be shared between agencies. Your registration covers the access of only one log in to the webinar. Handouts and related materials will be sent to you shortly before the program to the email address you provide. Refunds will be issued for those that cancel up to three (3) days prior to the program. Cancellations made less than 3 business days, or ‘no shows’ will forfeit the registration fee. Cancellations must be received in writing via e-mail.
Member Rate Non-Member Rate
Session 1 Only (4/7/16)
Session 2 Only (4/21/16)
2-part Webinar Series