Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 1:54pm to Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 1:54pm Webinar/Teleconference
This webinar will walk through the entire development process from initial assessments, program and job descriptions, training curricula, retention, and recruitment.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Utilize two methods to assess tuck-in and 11th-hour program readiness
- List five components necessary to create new volunteer programs and services
- Discuss the importance of staff buy-in for these programs
- Effectively use staff and volunteer assessment tools and methods
- Identify program variations to individualize for your specific needs
- Describe both virtual and “bedside” methods to deliver these services
When looking at expanding volunteer services, there are two great programs to consider: tuck-in and 11th-hour services. An 11th-hour program focuses on providing support and “presence” for families when death is near. Tuck-in services assist in preparing families for evenings, weekends, or times of reduced staffing, thus lessening the need for on-call services. Both programs can be offered either at the bedside or virtually, making them a good fit for volunteers who are reluctant to drive or make face-to-face visits. This webinar will explore the processes necessary to expand volunteer services by looking specifically at everything that goes into the development of these two programs.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This comprehensive webinar is designed for volunteer managers, volunteers serving on the program’s steering committee, hospice administrators, and all team leaders.
- Initial and follow-up program effectiveness assessment tools
- Staff questionnaire
- Program development checklist
- Job descriptions
- Training curricula
- Handout with lecture notes
- Training log
- List of references and additional resources
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Gary Gardia Inc.