Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 3:00pm to Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 4:30pm Webinar/Teleconference
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU'LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the role of a hospice manager/supervisor in supporting compliance and the regulatory process
- Explain the hospice manager's role within the Emergency Preparedness Plan and program
- Describe how the use of LCDs and clinical guidelines help to determine and continually support eligibility
- Discuss how quality reporting impacts your agency
- Differentiate state, federal, and accrediting organization guidelines
- Explain the importance of ongoing agency education
- Identify the latest changes to impact the hospice industry for CY2022 and leaders must know.
Part 1 will focus on compliance and regulatory issues that are impacting hospice today. It will review common documentation issues, provide tools (LCDs and clinical guidelines) that support your team in areas of hospice eligibility, audits and medical review. The hospice process will be addressed, as will updates to the Conditions of Participation and leadership responsibilities relating to QAPI, infection control, and emergency management. In addition, the speaker will provide participants with FAQs that managers receive to help "charter the course". This webinar will serve as the crib notes version of what hospice managers must know to effectively do their jobs for CoPs, emergency management , and QAPI.
The Hospice Management and Clinical Supervision Training Course series is an intensive, interactive, and deep dive into the essential aspects of what all hospice managers/supervisors need to know and understand. This series will focus on improving critical leadership skills and compliance and break down address key management areas.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice owners, DOPCS, Clinical Supervisors, DONs, frontline supervisors, new management, middle management, management trainees, HR staff, directors, administrators, assistant administrators, business development personnel, operation managers, CFOs, COOs, and all other hospice leaders.
- Creating an Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- LCD Worksheet for Determining Prognosis: Dementia
- Hospice Documentation Audit Tool
- Medicare Hospice Local Coverage Determination
- Weblinks to valuable policies and tools including
- CHAP Top 10 Hospice Deficiencies
- Suggestions for Improved Documentation to Support Medicare Hospice Services
- Hazard and vulnerability assessment tool for EMP
- PDF of slides and speaker's contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER:
Kathy Ahearn, RN, BSN, PHN
Ahearn Advisement Partners
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION CLICK HERE: